Thanks to our donors, the Community Foundation of Middlesex County reached a new goal in grant awards in 2012.
Women and girls enjoyed an evening of pampering and education at Woodrow Wilson Middle School during the “Girls Night Out” program.
Thanks to your generosity, the Community Foundation of Middlesex County approved over $530,000 in grants in 2012, including thirty-four (34) grants awarded through the 2012-2013 competitive cycle.
Your commitment to the quality of life in Middlesex County ensures that good things continue to happen in our region through our nonprofit organizations: libraries offer improved services to the community; our youth have access to peer meditation training; community gardens grow healthy and organic foods for our food pantries; historical societies preserve our towns’ past for the future; families receive professional services supporting mental and educational services for children with autism; and so much more.
Water safety skills are vital for our children — Valley Shore YMCA “Fit Kids Learn to Swim” program.
You, our donors, working with our grant making partners – River View Cemetery, the Ann T. D’Addario Family Foundation, and Connecticut Humanities, provide the necessary funding to “Help Good People Do Great Things.” We – and the entire community – are grateful for your support.
Organizations awarded funding through the 2012-2013 competitive grants cycle:
- Adelbrook Behavioral and Development Services
- Bushy Hill Nature Center
- Chester Historical Society
- Columbus House, Inc
- Community Music School
- Common Good Gardens, Inc.
- Connecticut Land Conservation Council
- Connecticut River Museum
- Durham Middlefield Youth and Family Services
- Durham Public Library
- Essex Historical Society
- Essex Land Trust
- Greater Middletown Chorale
- High Hopes Therapeutic Riding
- Henry Carter Hull Library
- Kiwanis Foundation of Middletown, Inc.
- MARC Community Resources
- Mattabeseck Audubon Society
- Middletown Public Schools
- Mercy Housing and Shelter Corporation
- Mount Saint John
- Middlesex Coalition for Children
- Middlesex Habitat for Humanity of Connecticut
- Middlesex Hospital, Family Advocacy Program
- Middlesex County Coalition on Housing and Homelessness
- NEAR, Inc.Buttonwood Tree
- Rushford Center
- Russell Library
- Ryan Woods Autism Foundation Center, Inc.
- Sail Connecticut Access Program
- Salt Marsh Opera
- Valley Shore YMCA
- Wesleyan University
- YMCA of Northern Middlesex County
Search The Community Foundation Website
Enter your search in the box below.