The Community Foundation of Middlesex County is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team.
The Community Foundation of Middlesex County’s mission is to improve the quality of life for the people of the County now and in the future by developing endowments, making grants that have impact, and assisting donors in meeting their philanthropic objectives.
Position Overview: This full time position will be the initial contact for the Community Foundation, and as such, must have strong customer service skills. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for maintaining the Foundation’s database, donor education materials, website, e-communications, and office correspondence. The position is also responsible for office management support as required, including various administrative support functions using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Internet, Word Press, and in-house (FIMS) database. In addition, this position provides support and back up for the Director of Finance for finance-related information and office workflow.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Greet visitors to the Community Foundation office and provides primary telephone coverage.
- Maintain office calendar of all board and committee activities; assists with meeting preparations for all Board and committee meetings and other meetings.
- Assists with office and finance duties including, but not limited to, preparation of bank deposits, Community Foundation mailings and invitations, and donor reports.
- Maintains donor records in FIMS and other software formats, including profile management, gift and grant records, and other maintenance as needed.
- Prepares gift acknowledgment letters, grant award letters, and other correspondence as directed.
- In coordination with the Vice President of Programs & Operations, assists with grant application and process preparation, application entry and updates, scheduling site visits, and monitoring grant reporting.
- Assists in preparation of donor education materials, donor reports, newsletters, annual report, impact stories and other correspondence.
- Assists in preparation of web site content, social media content, electronic announcements and news, and other communications platforms.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail.
- Coordinates preparation and set up for Community Foundation events, Nonprofit Resource Center programs, and other initiatives as necessary.
- Provides necessary support for all Community Foundation events.
- Coordinates, at the direction of the Vice President of Programs & Operations, volunteer projects and tasks.
- Performs other related duties or special projects as assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Proven track record of organizational work experience and demonstration of evidence of success managing multiple projects and systems, and data entry/database experience. Some financial experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Commitment to providing high quality service to donors, colleagues, volunteers and grantees
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, particularly document management and data entry
- Strong computer skills; advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; proficient knowledge of Publisher and Word Press preferred
- Ability to be proactive and work independently
- Experience with data bases and data entry required; ability to learn new applications with minimal supervision
- Strong knowledge of office procedures and ability to prioritize and manage a great variety of tasks and projects
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team, as well as assume independent responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Ability to interact comfortably with a wide variety of constituents and communicate appropriately and effectively in person, on the telephone, and in writing
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously within a strict time frame
- Ability to be a self-starter and highly motivated
Applicants should provide a thoughtful cover letter describing why this position is of interest to you as well as how your education and experience qualify you for this position. Your application materials should also include your salary requirements and your resume. Materials may be mailed or e-mailed to:
President & CEO
Community Foundation of Middlesex County
49 Main Street
Middletown, CT 06457
Employment – At Will
All employees of the Community Foundation of Middlesex County (CFMC) are considered to be “at will”. This means that both CFMC and the employees retain the right to terminate the employment relationship at any time and for any reason. In order to manage effectively, CFMC retains its sole discretion over hiring, terminating employment and other personnel and employee relations matters.
This position description is intended to be general and is subject to periodic updating. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time. Community Foundation of Middlesex County is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.