2018 Rally for Bully-Free Communities
4 Oct 2018
9:00 am - 11:00 am
Empower Leadership Sports,
2111 South Main Street,
We are thrilled to announce that the fifth annual Rally for Bully-Free Communities will take place during National Bullying Prevention Awareness month on October 4, 2018.
Once again, the good folks at EMPOWER Leadership Sports in Middletown are generously hosting the rally for students in grades 5 through 12 on their grounds in Middletown. The Council of Business Partners at CFMC are looking forward to spending a fun-filled morning with more than 350 students, educators, and volunteers as we work together on team-building activities and hear from local inspiring speakers. We will also present the 2018 Campaign for Bully-Free Communities Spotlight Award to a local school working to make a positive impact on their campus.
Some highlights of what to expect this October:
- FREE BUS TRANSPORTATION. One bus will be provided at no cost to each school district for transportation of educators and students in grades 5-12.
- OUTDOOR “EMPOWERMENT” ACTIVITIES. Each school community will participate in interactive, team building stations aimed at developing empathy, confidence, and community.
- POSITIVE PERSONAL STORIES. Guest speakers of all ages will share how they overcame adversity and created a path toward positive change.
- FREE “AGENT OF CHANGE” T-SHIRTS. Each person attending the rally will be given a tee to wear during the rally and to take home.
- TEACHER RESOURCE KIT FOR EACH PARTICIPATING SCHOOL. With our partners at Rushford, we have developed a kit of resource information and activities which you can take back to your school and share with your fellow teachers and students.
- SOCIAL MEDIA SHARING. Post photos at facebook.com/Campaign.Bullyfree.Communities or on Instagram @CFMC_CT, or take the pledge at BullyFreeMiddlesexCF.org.
Since 2009, in partnership with RUSHFORD, the CFMC Council of Business Partners has provided funding and support for the development of school-based programs that create safe and healthy learning environments. In collaboration with the Connecticut Association of Schools, The First Tee of Connecticut, EMPOWER Leadership Sports, Donny Marshall, iCRV Radio, 2018 Campaign Ambassador Renee DiNino, and many others, we invite you to join us for a morning of empowering activities
and personal stories aimed at building a community of connection and support. For more information about the CFMC Council of Business Partners and its Campaign for Bully-Free Communities, visit the campaign website HERE and the Council of Business Partners CFMC page HERE.
Join us – Take the Pledge today!