5th Annual Bully-Free Rally
3 Oct 2019
9:00 am - 11:00 am
Empower Leadership Sports and Adventure Center,
2011 South Main Street,
October is National Bullying Prevention Month
The Community Foundation of Middlesex County is pleased to announce that it will host the fifth annual Campaign for Bully-Free Communities Rally with schools, students, and neighbors throughout Middlesex County and beyond on October 3, 2019
Will we see you to Rally for RESPECT, KINDNESS, AND POSITIVE CHANGE?
IT’S TIME TO RALLY FOR RESPECT, KINDNESS AND POSITIVE CHANGE!
The Community Foundation of Middlesex County (CFMC) and its Council of Business Partners invite students, parents, educators, town officials, civic leaders and business owners to stick to kindness and stand together for positive change at the 5TH ANNUAL RALLY FOR BULLY-FREE COMMUNITIES. Since 2009, in partnership with RUSHFORD, the CFMC Council of Business Partners has been providing funding and support for the development of school-based programs that create safe and healthy learning environments. In collaboration with the Connecticut Association of Schools, The First Tee of Connecticut, EMPOWER Leadership Sports, Durham Middlefield Youth and Family Services, iCRV Radio, Donny Marshall, Renee DiNino and many others, we invite and encourage students of all abilities to join us for a morning of empowering activities and personal stories aimed at building a community of connection and support.
Following are some highlights of what you can expect this October:
- FREE BUS TRANSPORTATION. One (1) bus will be provided at no cost to each school district for transportation of educators and students in grades 5-12.
- OUTDOOR “EMPOWERMENT” ACTIVITIES. Each school community will participate in interactive, team building stations aimed at developing empathy, confidence, and community.
- POSITIVE PERSONAL STORIES. Guest speakers of all ages will share how they overcame adversity and created a path toward positive change.
- FREE “AGENT OF CHANGE” T-SHIRTS. Each person attending the rally will be given a tee to wear during the rally and to take home.
- TEACHER RESOURCE KIT FOR EACH PARTICIPATING SCHOOL. With our partners at Rushford, we have developed a kit of resource information and activities which you can take back to your school and share with your fellow teachers and students.
- SOCIAL MEDIA SHARING. Post photos at facebook.com/Campaign.Bullyfree.Communities or on Instagram @CFMC_CT, or take the pledge at BullyFreeMiddlesexCF.org.
We can all be agents of positive change if we work together.
To learn more or to register for the October 3 Rally and free bus transportation, please email CFMC with
- Your school/district is attending the rally
- The number of students attending and the grades
- The number of chaperones attending
- The name, phone number, and email of the chaperone who will be the lead contact for your group
- The name, contact information, and contracted price with your district’s bus company
Let’s be the difference!